POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : On reflection : Re: On reflection Server Time
1 Oct 2024 00:08:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On reflection
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 15 Aug 2008 16:07:17
Message: <48a5e1f5$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> "Orchid XP v8" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>>> torso. One good thing my ex gf did for me was to encourage me to put
>>> emphasis into the movement of my knees, which has helped me smooth out
>>> my steps and keep my head from bobbing too much. I'm still
>>> self-conscious, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.
>
>> I'm thinking maybe I should take speach therapy to see if I can learn to
>> stop talking like somebody with a brain disorder. I'm not sure if it'll
>> work though...
>
> You'd be surprised how little other people care about how you walk, how you
> talk, or about you in general.
>
> (Not sure though if that's a good thing or not).

You would be surprised at how much they notice, whether they admit it or
not. Put a pebble in your shoe and walk with a limp, see how many people
notice. I walk with a limp, never noticed it in high school till someone
close by pointed it out. I assumed no one else noticed at all, that
couldn't be why people out in large public areas watched me walk past,
not at all.

I found that giving them a clue to why I limp, carrying a cane, gets
less of a stare. They can process a lot quicker 'oh, she's got a hurt
leg' instead of 'I wonder why that person is limping.'

If you really want to see how people file away their first impressions,
though, you need bigger issues then a persons gait.